Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mood Pad and Art of Glow

Doing two at once, since these two are very similar Apps; fun ways to deal with sensory issues through playing with colour. 


A Mood Pad - Heat Sensitive Surface,a free App by Octarine Flame, was recommended by the ASD iPod Touch Project.  However, I found that the App did not respond very well, and I had to press down on my iPod very hard in order to get any response from it.  Which isn't good for some of the delicate workings of the newer iPods.

I wasn't very impressed with it, and to be honest, was bored quickly with it.


On the App store, I found Art of Glow, a free App by Natenai Ariyatrakool, that I actually enjoy.  With it, I can make some lovely glowing patterns to play and stare at, which has for me a better calming effect.  The patterns continue until the canvas is cleared off, which means I can return to the last pattern I created.  It's kind of like being able to create and watch a light show.  It's main purpose is to draw and create artwork, which is also fun.


There is also a Pro version, where users are able to save their artwork, for $1.99

The controls are easy to understand and use, and can be used by Autistics of different ages, making this an excellent sensory App. 

No comments:

Post a Comment